Sunday, March 29, 2009

Yesterday

I'm not sure I've remembered to post on a Saturday this whole month. They are always long and busy days and I'm exhausted by the time I hit the pillow and I just forget.
Yesterday I was up early to go to Brooke's volleyball tournament. Her team was playing at IVA, which is nice because it's the closest facility they can play at but it's also the nosiest and craziest. Her coach couldn't be there because she was playing in her own tournament up at the U. So one of the player's dad was going to coach and I was going to act as the asst coach so that I could ref. Me? Ref at real volleyball? Crazy! But once I admitted to Danielle that I had referred for church ball she said I could do it.
The day didn't start off well when one of the teams for our pool didn't show up. Which meant we would finish way earlier than any other pool and sit around for hours. That's never good. Brooke's team is very inconsisten and it's a major rollercoaster ride with them. They lost their first set 24-26 (we should have won but Brooke's serve hit the net short on our game point and then the other team went ahead and won) but then won the second set 25 -7 (one of our players served 17 straight points). In regular tournament play it's best 2 out of 3 so we went to a third game and our team lost 10-15. The whole day went like that. Up and down, win and lose. Unfortunately our team just can't finish it off. In our first match in the tournament, we won the first set and then went and lost the 2nd and 3rd sets. It's so sad and hard.
Luckily the day ended on an up note. We met our good friends, Matt and Stacie, at the Red Iguana for dinner. It was great to visit with them and enjoy good food.
When we got home Paul and I had to go over and clean the church. It was pretty depressing walking around the building thinking about what was going to happen in the morning. I thought I was getting prepared for the changes but I'm not really and it's going to be a very sad day.
After we were done cleaning the church we finished watching Pride and Prejudice with our kids. It was fun to all sit on our new couch together. Justin said he liked that movie better Quantum Solace.

2 comments:

superpaige said...

So...what happened in your big meeting?

Lisa said...

They split our ward in half! It's really surreal right now. Our first sunday as new wards will be Easter Sunday. how strange!!