Monday, March 09, 2009

Monday, Monday

Hey, that's a great song.
So it's been a whole week since I started this journal kind of blog entries.
Today was laundry day again. It was a record day - all of the laundry was finished and put away by 5:00 pm. That is a miracle around here. It helped that I stayed home for most of the day.
Brooke was sick during the night - either food poisoning or stomach flu. She was up in the night sick in the bathroom and just hearing her made me feel a little sick. Kids throwing up is one of my greatest challenges as a mother. Luckily Paul went in and checked on her. I worried about her the rest of the night. She ate some jam at dinner that was bottled from the church cannery that was 9 years old and I think it was bad. I checked other jars and several jars were not sealed and popped when I touched them. Yuck. We'll never eat any of that jam now.
I did manage to get up early and go exercise with jenny. There weren't any treadmills together so we didn't get to chat and catch up on each other's weekends. There was one good thing in that I put on my ipod and listened to great music and managed to run 3 miles. That was the best run i've had in weeks. It felt good and was inspiring to get back to being serious about exercise.
In the afternoon while I was folding laundry i watched Steel Magnolias with Brooke. She had never seen it. i love that movie. It was one of the first movies I went to when I came home from my mission. I still remember sitting with my sister in the theater bawling my eyes out during the funeral scene and then in the next moment laugher my guts out when claree puts "wheezer" in front of her for m'lynn to hit. Well, it hasn't changed a bit - I was still bawling and then laughing a moment later. It's even more tender now that i have a teenage daughter and think about how i would be devastated if I lost her. It was nice to spend that time with Brooke.
After we finished the movie i went out in the snow and did some food storage stock up shopping.
For Family night, we tried to play a version of sorry with Jared and Kamryn. Didn't work at all. Brooke read us a great story given to her by one of guest speakers in YW yesterday. And then we read a super long section in D & C 84. There are some very beautiful and comforting verses in that section.

No comments: