Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Wednesday

This morning I had a little time to work on my sewing project. I sewed the stop border on the tablecloth and that is really what makes this project pop. The crazy thing I did concerning this project was to get up last night at 3:00 to check a big on Ebay for a bag of buttons. They were from a seller in Australia, hence the crazy ending bid time. Sadly (or probably more a good thing) I didn't win those buttons (and will save myself some major shipping charges) but I did win three other auctions of buttons today. Yea!
After the twins woke up I ran Taylor down to the orthodontist to get a wire clipped that was poking him in the side of the mouth and making a big sore. I then checked him into school, got Jared and Kamryn fed and dressed and went to visit Paul's mom. She loves having them come over. The first thing they do now when they get there is ask her for carmels. It's her little treat for them. I have to limit them to two, one for each hand, or they would eat the whole bowl.
The main activity today was to go to the Draper Temple Open House with Jared and Kamryn and my parents. (I wanted Taylor to come with us but he didn't want to miss PE today). It was a great experience and fun to just take the younger kids. Also nice to have my parents along to help out with the kids. It was very spiritual to be in the temple with these little 3 year olds and explain so much about the temple to them. They loved the beautiful chandeliers.
After the tour my dad took us to Chuck-a-Rama for lunch. That is a very bad place for me to go (I have no self control) and a great place for Jared and Kamryn - they are free and can eat whatever they like and don't have to wait for it. When we were finished eating Jared said he wanted to go home and have lunch!
For Young Women's tonight one of our mia maids had organized a book drive for a PPP. We have 2 deaf girls in our ward and the deaf school needs books, all kinds and all levels. So the girls handed out fliers at church on Sunday and then delivered fliers around the rest of the neighborhood explaining what we needed. We picked up several boxes of books tonight and we know we will be getting a lot more in the next week. It was a great project and the girls seemed to really enjoy it (it would also make a great eagle scout project).
I missed taping Idol but my parents taped it for me. they did tell me who made it and who's in the wild card show tomorrow night.
One of the other things I'm doing right now is catching up on reading the New Era. I try to read while I'm eating. I really enjoy it (the New Era is more on my level) and i'm trying to get my teenagers to read it more.
That's my day.

1 comment:

Susan Byers said...

Glad you made it to the temple. Wasn't the ceiling in the celestial room awesome!