My great friend Jenny has been teaching Kamryn to sew. She is amazingly patient and so cute and fun with Kamryn. Kamryn loves going to her sewing lessons and has learned a lot of good basic sewing skills. She did a lot of practicing at home too. She made a cute necklace, sewed trim on a bag, made the cute apron she's wearing and just finished making a costume for her American Girl doll.
Monday, October 27, 2014
It seems like forever between home games for the Utes.
The last game it was rainy and cold and we lost in the last quarter - that game still hurts.
Saturday night was THE BIG GAME against USC
It was a gorgeous fall night, not cold and just a little windy.
|before the game|
|ready for some football!|
|a majority of the students stormed the field|
it was SO MUCH FUN to be there !!!
Friday, October 24, 2014
|this photo wasn't actually taken on my birthday|
but pretty close
in an early bday present from Paul
he brought it back from his trip and I love it!
So i had a birthday yesterday and it turned out pretty awesome! I told a friend that sometimes birthdays are pretty disappointing because you have these huge, unrealistic expectations. I find myself kind of depressed around my birthdays, not really sure why. So for this birthday I really had no expectations - didn't plan anything ahead of time, I knew we were going to go out to dinner because that's what we do in our family :) Other than that nothing planned - lots of possiblities that's for sure - I could stay in bed all day and read and that was very tempting. But to do that I would have to go up to our cabin so I wasn't at home looking at all that needed to be done. I also wanted to go to Kohls and return stuff (I always buy too much and then try on at home and then return) and look for part of my Halloween costume. Anyway, here's how the day went:
- the morning started out early, with exercise, like usual. I probably would have skipped it since it was my birthday but we'd missed the day before and I didn't want to miss again. And I knew I'd have a better day if I went. So I met up a little late with Jenny and she said we should go a different way and that was cool with me. So we were walking up a different street in the neighborhood and she stopped to look at our friend's Halloween decoration - and then 3 more friends appeared and said happy birthday and gave me hugs and continued on with our walk. That was super fun and what a great surprise!
- After I got back and got the kids to school I got a text from my other Jenny friend asking if I wanted to go to a movie - that sounded like fun and a perfect thing to do during a free day. We went on a few errands first looking for costume parts and then went to the Water Gardens Theater (if you haven't been there you should go) and we saw The Hundred Foot Journey and it was SO GOOD!!! If you haven't seen it, go tomorrow!
- After school Kamryn had dance so we were out to West Jordan for a couple of hours. We were able to watch the solar eclipse and that was pretty cool.
- Dinner at Texas Roadhouse! Yum!!
- Then some family time at home where I got some cool and thoughtful presents from family and friends. I received an awesome self pedicure/manicure kit with my favorite milky way midnight minis, a super cute halloween kitchen kit, a darling nail kit, a balloon from the Relief Society, a yummy apple cake from Kaye next door, some fun notecards with an L on the front, some treats from Sweet Tooth Fairy. Jared gave me a yummy fall candle. Kamryn gave me one of the most cute and thoughtful gifts ever - she wrapped up her brush in a scarf and when I opened it she said that she was going to brush my hair, which is my favorite thing. She did it for over an hour! Justin gave me 2 travel books on church history sites, which is a trip on my bucket list. And Paul gave me the FitBit One, which I'd mentioned over a month ago that I'd like one. The best thing is I'd changed my mind from wanting the bracelet kind to the small one the clips on your pants or bra but I never told him that, and he got me the clip one!!
So it was a great day to have a birthday!
Saturday, October 11, 2014
This morning was the 2nd day of our golf getaway
We were golfing at Wolf Creek in Mesquite
What an amazing course
I was in way over my head
Luckily we were paired up again with 2 really nice gentleman from Canada, Richard and Thomas
I figured out how to make it through 18 holes - I would tee off at the ladies tee and then just work on my short game with chipping near the green and putting. It worked out perfectly.
It was truly amazing to see this green course in the middle of the desert.
The contrast was so beautiful
There were some really cool places to tee off
|this was so funny to see all these balls stuck right in the rock wall|
this was a funny shot - poor Paul hit a nice shot but it rolled off the edge of the green and all the way down this big hill and he ended up just on the edge of the green and had to hit back up the hill
|our golfing selfie|
|we did this a lot on this course|
"where's my ball"
WHAT A FUN MORNING!!!!
Friday, October 10, 2014
Almost a year ago we went to the Huntsman Cancer Fundraiser as part of the Layton Construction table. There was a silent auction and Paul and I felt like we should bid on something. We were both looking at everything to bid and came back together and we both had the same idea - let's bid on the Mesquite Golf GetAway package. We bid on it and we won it. We thought we would go sometime last winter but it just didn't work out and of course we didn't want to go in the summer. So this fall we knew we had to go before the package expired. We planned to go this weekend in October.
Its been perfect weather and just so beautiful! This course has some amazing views!
|Paul practicing putting before our tee time|
|always gotta do those golf selfies|
|love this guy|
|our new friends|
rich and stephanie
they were so great to golf with and really tried to help me improve my game
|this was the most fun place I've ever teed off|
you use a garbage ball and just hit the ball off the cliff
it was so cool to watch the ball soar off into the wilderness
|teeing off on the 18th hole|
|trying to see where his ball went|
Rich and Stephanie are from San Diego and really great but super patient golfers. So friendly and fun to golf with. What a great day !!!
Thursday, October 09, 2014
This week Jared and Kamryn have both been lunch workers. They said they really like doing it because they get free lunch :) And they don't have to go out to recess, which they don't really like.
I was there working the book fair so I could get pictures of them.
|Jared serving the pork dinner|
|Kamryn serving the taco salad|