Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Weekend

Friday night I stayed up until almost 2:00 sewing and then had to get up at 8:00 Saturday morning to wake up Taylor so he could get ready for his 9:00 am soccer game. I also had to wake up Paul and Justin so they could move the hide-a-bed couch from downstairs to upstairs so we could make room for the new leather recliner couch that was being delivered that morning. We were a little late to Taylor's game but didn't miss too much. It wasn't as cold as I'd expected it to be but I did have on 3 layers under my coat. At least it was sunny. Taylor had a couple of good shots on goal but the keeper was able to stop the ball. Too bad. taylor's team lost and he was pretty bummed about it. We went right from Taylor's game to Justin's game. Luckily he plays on the big field with bleachers so we got to sit on those metal bleachers and warm up in the sun. Justin plays on the U-19 co-ed team. This level really is just playing for fun and the kids seem to have a good time. Justin's team also lost but he didn't seem to care.
After soccer I did a run to Sam's club and then made a salad for the temple dinner and also made dinner for my kids to have while we were gone.
At about 3:00 we picked up the Wallaces and went to the SL Temple. We were on the biggest session I've ever been on and it lasted for 2 1/2 hours. Afterwards we met at Jenny and Ryan's house for dinner. It was fun to visit with other couples in the ward.
When we got home I was supposed to finish up sewing my apron but the boys were watching Lord of the Rings and I couldn't stand the thought of working in my sewing area and having to listen to that movie so i went to bed.
This morning I got up early so I could work on finishing my apron. I got the family up and got Jared and Kamryn bathed and ready for church. After church I finished up getting ready for our pioneer trek fireside. they had asked all the "ma's and pa's" to come dressed in our pioneer clothes. It was fun to see how everyone was dressed for it. Hopefully all of the youth will be excited to go on trek. I am.
After the fireside we went to pick up taylor, Jared and Kamryn at my parents and stayed and visited for awhile. Then we came home and read scriptures and had family prayer. Now it's off to bed. YEAH!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You got a new couch!? Hooray for you!