Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Dance Day

Tuesdays are dance day for me and the little kids. Kamryn takes dance lessons from the greatest teacher, Miss Liz. Liz and I have been friends forever - since we were both in the married student ward at the U. We were in a Primary presidency together and had our first babies about 6 months apart. Anyway, it's so great that Kamryn can take dance lessons from her. The only problem is that Liz lives about 20 minutes away in West Jordan. Luckily her house is just a couple of streets over from my sister's house. So on Tuesdays we spend the day hanging at her house and Kamryn gets to go to dance lessons.
Before we went to my sister's house I had to work on sewing this tablecloth. I"m a little obsessed with the project right now. I much prefer piecing work to sewing clothes, both of which I've done in the last week. I have a hard time stopping on a quilting/sewing project and so left for my sister's house much later than usual.
After Kamryn's lesson, my sister and I and our youngest kids (2 each) went to Arby's for lunch. It was so good! I stayed at my sister's house much later than usual and didn't leave until about 5:30. On the way home I stopped at the DI hoping to find some buttons for my project. I didn't find buttons but I found a lot of other things. Jared and Kamryn have now found a new favorite store. I let them each pick out a "new" toy and they were thrilled. I found pioneer clothes for me, Brooke, Justin and Paul. We are all going on Pioneer trek this summer and Paul and I have to be outfitted by March 15 for the kickoff fireside.
I made it home just in time to watch Idol. We don't have cable and therefore don't have DVR so we have to watch TV the old-fashioned way. Idol seemed to just torture me tonight. I really look forward to watching it but tonight seemed to just drag - until the end. The last 2 singers really made it worth watching and I really hope they both go through.
So that's my Tuesday.

1 comment:

Susan Byers said...

sorry you didn't find any buttons. Good job on the clothes.