Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday

I was a super bum today and went back to bed after taking Justin to school and didn't wake up until Jared and Kamryn came in my room at 9:22! So much for getting anything done this morning.
At 11:00 we headed over to the rec center for our weekly swim date with friends. I was able to read for a little while Jared and Kamryn played in the water. Then our friends got there and I enjoyed visiting with the moms while the kids played. We eventually ventured out of the splash zone into the specialty pool and I helped both the kids practice swimming.
On our way home from swimming we stopped at the grocery store to get the rest of the ingredients I needed to make Cafe Rio salad with pork. I did the pork in the crock pot and even made the rice and the creamy tomatillo dressing. It was so good. Lots of work but worth it occasionally.
We attended Brenon Butler's Eagle Court of Honor together as a family tonight. When Brenon was putting his mom's eagle bandana on his mom I told Justin I want one of those. His smart remark was "Hopefully Taylor gets his eagle then." Justin will be getting his eagle whether he likes it or not. He's way too close to not finish.
After the court of honor we had a class activity for YW. We made scrapbook pages for a yw history/scrapbook we're making for New Beginnings. Then we played "scriptionary" and had treats. We were home by 8:00 to watch the results show of Idol. I was sad to see Jorge go.
After Idol I ran over to Julianne's house to take her some of the Rio dressing and rice and ended up hanging out for awhile. I love chatting with her and her fmaily.

1 comment:

Susan Byers said...

I can't read your blog anymore since I don't watch idol until Friday nights.