Monday, March 30, 2009

Tragic News Today

It's been a day with too much tragic news.
The first bit is no one I know personally but still so tragic. Paul's co-worker's wife is due with a baby any day. Her parents live in Colorado and have been in town waiting for the baby to arrive. They received a phone call yesterday that their home in CO burned to the ground! Their 20 year old son had been frying with grease and fell asleep and left the burner on. So sad. Our lesson in FHE centered around that and how we all need to be safe and be careful. And to go along with that what we would miss if our home burned down and we weren't here to get things out. Those thoughts just stress me out.
The second bit seems even more tragic because it is people I know personally. I received a message on Facebook that a friend from HS, Dan Howells, was killed this morning in a car accident near Kamas. Their is a brief report in the Tribune about it. He is married to Amy Erekson, who I also went to HS with and they have 6 children. i just couldn't believe it when I read it. he's a seminary teacher and wonderful guy. I just don't know how you go on when something like that happens. i guess the lesson to learn is just hold your family close and appreciate every minute with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dan Howells was my Bishop and seminary teacher years ago. They were amazing people. Life is fragile but, they touched everyone they came in contact with.