Friday, March 06, 2009

Yesterday

Thursday was a busy day and by the end of it I was so tired I couldn't do anything more than fall into bed. That is my problem with a real, write in a journal habit. I try to do it at night and I'm too tired so I don't do it and I keep not doing it and get so far behind in writing that it's too hard to get started again.
Thursday morning I went to volunteer in Taylor's 5th grade class. His teacher is very organized and many times doesn't have anything for me to do. This time she just had me sort the kids assignments and put them in their take home folders. I was only there about 15 minutes. But it was long enough to talk to his teacher and apologize for totally spacing Taylor's conference the day before and luckily she had some open spots for later that afternoon.
While I was at the school, Jared and Kamryn played at their friends' house - Josh and Leah. I trade each week with their mom, Jenny. One week the kids go to her house and the next week her kids come to my house. It works out great and the kids always have fun playing.
After I picked the kids up we headed over to another friends' house - the Roberts for a playdate with lots of kids while the mom's made hair bows. I preferred to help watch the little kids and have Jenny make hair bows for Kamryn. Worked out perfectly. It was fun to get together and craft and chat.
Taylor and I managed to remember his new parent teacher conference. His teacher "sang" his praises. She's the first teacher that has really figured him out and he's in 5th grade. Thank goodness for her. After his conference we went to the book fair and picked up "Purplicious", a follow-up to the great book "Pinkilicious".
I took Brooke and Katelyn to volleyball practice and stayed and watched and helped the coach for a little bit. Then I went to watch Justin's church 1st round regional basketball game. It was a very close game the entire time but his team ended up winning by 3 in the last minute. It was pretty exciting.
To end up the night, we went to my parents to watch the taping of Idol from the wildcard night. It's quite an interesting mix in the top 13 this year.

1 comment:

The Martin Family said...

I think I owe you more bows.

P.S. I got purplicious at the book fair as well! Funny!