Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Catching Up

This is exactly what happens to me in traditional journal writing - I miss a day or two or 3 and then get behind and it's too hard to catch up so I don't.
Saturday was a good day. We went to taylor's soccer game and watched his team fight hard in the wind to try and win but ended up losing by 1 goal. Taylor played hard the whole time he was in and almost scored. Justin's team had a bye so we only had one game for the day!
I met Paige and Michelle for lunch at Cheesecake Factory. YUM!! I was pig and ate my whole delicious lunch (CA Cheesesteak Sandwich with Fries) and my whole piece of cheesecake (Raspberry Lemon, one of my favorites). I very much enjoyed hanging out with these wonderful ladies and missed our other friends who couldn't make it. Michelle and I ended up going over to the mall and looked around at the sale at Macy's. I found some cute brown shoes and a sweater for spring - both for $17!
At night our family went to the Stake Family Fun Fest. It was basically like a school carnival - bounce house, games and entertainment. Jared and Kamryn loved the cupcake walk and the candy prizes they got from playing the games. I got roped into being in our ward's little "skit." We did our version of Hee Haw. It's amazing how much of fool you can be made into.
Sunday was our ward conference. I went to the morning meeting with our YW presidency and the Stake YW presidency. It was a great meeting and full of the spirit. It was very satisfying to let the stake know that we are doing all that they are asking us to and having all of the meetings we are supposed to have.
At the beginning of our sacrament meeting the bishop read a letter stating that we would be having a special Fast and Testimony meeting next Sunday at 10:30. It would only be the one meeting for an hour and we would be combined with 2 other wards in the stake for the meeting. That was all we were told in the letter. I knew immediately that the meeting was going to be about changing ward boundaries and combining wards in the stake. I just hope that they would leave our ward intact and just add to our ward. My worst fear is that they will split our ward. We are a strong ward and everyone loves our ward and we get along great and our youth are good friends. Why do they have to split the strong?????? I don't know what is really going to happen but that is what I am very afraid they are going to do. It was hard to concentrate on the rest of the meeting but the bishop gave a great talk that helped to distract from the news for a little while.
The rest of the afternoon Paul and I spent speculating about the changes and what the letter meant. We watched my friends' 3 youngest kids while she went to the temple dedication with her older children. In the evening we went to visit his parents.
I woke up Monday morning after having dreams about getting on an airplane with Paul that we knew was going to crash. I related that to thinking about the changes at church.
I did the laundry and then went swimming with the Martins and the Hammonds. It's a great activity that we dread. Isn't that funny? While we're there it's great but getting ready to go and then getting dressed after and going out in the cold is not fun.
For FHE we just hung out with our older kids and talked about lots of different things. It was fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speculating won't do you any good. Just go to the meeting with a prayer in your heart. It will be ok.