Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Daily Updates

I had an idea for March for my blog to post what we did each day. So that when I'm older and can't remember anything I can read these posts and be reminded of how my life was in my early 40s.

On Sunday, it was Fast Sunday and my family usually gets together for dinner at my parents house. We had an Italian theme for dinner and had lasagna, breadsticks and yummy salads. After dinner all of the adults enjoyed visiting in the living room while all of the kids played together downstairs. It was a very nice evening.

On Monday, I got up early to go exercise at the rec center. I walked/ran on the treadmill for 50 minutes. Before I left I started the day's big activity - laundry. Yuck! Monday is always my big laundry day and I wash all of the clothes that day for the week.
At 11:30, we went swimming at the Splash Zone at the rec center. We try to go every Monday but have yet to go 2 weeks in a row. It was even more fun this time because there were 3 other families that joined us from our ward. It's worth going when I watch Jared and Kamryn having so much fun playing in the water with their friends. Kamryn is a real dare-devil and goes down the big slide by herself. She's also a pretty good swimmer and was actually swimming around on her back and kicking all on her own.
After swimming, I worked on a new sewing project. I am making a cute summery tablecloth. I saw the pattern in a magazine I borrowed from a friend and I went out last week and bought enough fabric to make 3 tablecloths. I get in trouble when I go in fabric stores. While I was sewing these patchwork squares together Jared and Kamryn were very interested in what I was doing and were both standing right next to me at my machine. It was fun (for a little while) to have them ask me what I was doing and want to help.
In the evening we had FHE. Lately I've been trying to gear the lessons to Jared and Kamryn. So I read the story of David and Goliath and my older kids totally laughed at me when I did the voice for Goliath. But that's okay because the twins loved it. After our "lesson" we played Duck, Duck, Goose and hide-n-seek. It was great to watch how much Jared and Kamryn love playing those games and we all actually have fun with them. I told Justin it reminds me of when he and Brooke were little and we did the same thing for FHE so he can kind of picture what life was like when he was 3.
Before we have family prayer at night we read the scriptures together. Right now we are reading the Doctrine and Covenants. We finished reading section 76 last night. Many nights after we read we end up having some good discussions with our older kids. It's hard because sometimes it's late and I'm tired but if they want to talk then we talk.
This has ended up being a much longer post than I thought it would be. I guess it was a good 2 days.

2 comments:

The Martin Family said...

I started to laugh as I read this post. I could have written this for you with the exception of the FHE story. We talk too much! I love it.

I am so excited to see your tablecloths. I have to go get my fabric!

Anonymous said...

Oh, we are struggling with our scripture reading so much. Thanks for the good example.