Friday, June 25, 2010

My Name

Today's prompt:

"How do you feel about the name given to you at birth?"

I really like my name. Its short but still 2 syllables. My mom tells me that there was a character on As The World Turns that she liked who had my name. So, I was named after a soap opera character. No biggie to me.
In elementary school there was always another Lisa in my class so I was always known at Lisa S. Again, no big deal really. It didn't bother me. I don't ever remember wanting to change my name so my parents did a good job with my name.
As a parent I've always felt a lot of pressure in naming my children. Its a big job that has life long implications.

1 comment:

Janice said...

I wasn't named after anyone and it still is a sore spot for me, as everyone else in my family is named after someone. But, what did I do? I did the same with my youngest.