Wednesday, January 27, 2010

BEST youth activity??

So, remember doing roadshows as a youth?
Are they fond memories or a nightmare?
Well, for me, it was not a good experience personally. I'm not a big fan of the roadshow.
And I'm pretty vocal about not being a fan.
Now, what am I doing? I can't belive this but I'm one of the main leaders in our ward's upcoming roadshow. I'm the organizer of the committee. We have a great acting director and another awesome music direcotr. My kids and husband are all laughing at me.
Tonight was our first "practice"
We introduced the theme to the kids. The stake theme is "Disney Do-Over" and our ward has a fun script that Justin wrote after putting ideas together from our committee. We are lucky to have a good size youth group with several who are excited about being in the roadshow.
The read-through went pretty well. Now to get to real practices and hoping that the kids can get into their parts and have fun acting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing at you right now.

Anonymous said...

Or maybe I'm laughing WITH you, not AT you.