Thursday, January 28, 2010

BEST music

We really get into music at our house. We have more iPods than we do people in our house. I alone have 3 - a regular iPod, the first kind of shuffle that came out and then the next version of shuffle to use when I was running.
Our family is into all kinds of music. One of our favorite things to do as part of FHE is take turns playing a favorite song from our iPods (how in the world did we live before iPods?).
I've read two different posts today about favorite playlists. They are here and here. I went on iTunes and listened to all of the songs listed on those playlists and I've decided I live in a cave and I'm getting old. I was only familiar with one group from all those songs - Muse.
After listening to all those songs I decided I wanted to make my own favorite playlist of what I've been listening to lately. With our entire iTunes library we could listen to music for over 12 days with no repeats (and not everything is loaded from our CDs onto iTunes). There is not enough time to really listen to all the good music out there. But here are some of my favorite downloads (we won't even talk about how much money we've spent downloading music):

Current Favorites Playlist
  • Need You Now - Lady Antebellum
  • 4 Minutes - Madonna with Justin Timberlake
  • 4 in the Morning - Gwen Stefani
  • 1973 - James Blunt
  • Make a Memory - Bon Jovi
  • You Could Be Happy - Snow Patrol
  • Chasing Pavements - Adele
  • Brick - Ben Folds Five
  • Use Somebody - Brooke White's version
  • Use Somebody - Kings of Leon's version
  • Hurt and Fighter - Christina Aguilera
  • Tennessee Line - Daughtry
  • Only You Can Love me This Way - Keith Urban
  • Ain't no Sunshine - Kris Allen's version on AI
  • Happy - Leona Lewis
  • Bye Bye - Mariah Carey
  • Pleasure Songs - The Mary Onettes
  • Uprising - Muse
  • Dream Catch Me - Newton Faulkner
  • Celebrate Me Home - Ruben Studdard
  • It's a Man's Man's Man's World and A Change is Gonna Come - Seal
What are your favorites??

3 comments:

Janice said...

Wow. You really have an eclectic tastes.

Susan Byers said...

If anyone lives in a cave, it's me. You are way more up on things than I am. I'm happy with my country.

Anonymous said...

I don't use Itunes, since I have NO ipod, only a little knock off Mp3 player and I don't even know how to download songs. I know. BUT, we do have Rhapsody, so I can pretty much play whatever I'd like to in the house, and I play a lot of Glee Soundtrack 1 and 2, Keith Urban, Rascal Flats, Josh Groban, Michel Buble, and Lady Gaga. Sometimes I shuffle them so it's a toss up which one comes next.