Thursday, January 21, 2010

BEST night and book

Its book club night and that's always a good night. The 3rd Thursday of the month is sacred and most of us that go to book club really hate it when we have to miss book club.
Our book club was organized over 15 years ago by my good friend, Melinda. We've been meeting every month ever since. Some members have come and gone but for the most part its been the same group of women that whole time. Its great to share what's been happening in our lives and what we think about the book we've read. And its always yummy to try new desserts!
Tonight we discussed THE HELP. What a great book. I'd read it a couple of months ago but this time around I listened to it (thanks to my aunt Sandy sharing it with me from her iTunes library) and it was SO GOOD. I find myself talking like those southern women.

3 comments:

Janice said...

Book club is always a much needed fun night away from home.

Susan Byers said...

I'm excited to read that book. I have it on hold at the library but I'm #319 on the list.

Shingleton Family said...

I love that book. I am not much of a reader, but I finished it over the Christmas break. Let Susan Know I have Holly's copy if she wants it I can send it out.