Sunday, January 24, 2010

BEST what?

So, what was the BEST part of this day? Good question. It certainly wasn't having to get up early for 9:00 am church. Some of the good things of the day:
  • Gina singing a beautiful solo during sacrament meeting. She is a young adult in our ward with the most angelic voice. I could've listened to her for the whole meeting.
  • Having a very productive roadshow committee meeting. I can't even believe I'm on this committee. I was not in favor of doing roadshows at all and was rather disgusted that the stake is MAKING us do them. But I felt pity for Paul since he's over the activities committee which puts him over the roadshow. He guilted me into going to the first meeting and now I'm one of the main people in charge. How does that happen?
  • Watching the playoff games with my boys.
  • Brooke making waffles for our family at dinner. She came downstairs at 8:00 pm and asked if we were ever going to have dinner. We told her when the game, which was in overtime, was over we'd eat. So she went upstairs and started making the waffles. She's awesome.
  • Listening to Justin tell us about his date the night before with Isabelle to go the MA dance for his school. They went bowling, then made pizza at one of the guys' house, then downtown to some club for the dance, then back to another guys house to watch a movie. What's with these all day dates?
  • Chatting on Facebook with my great neighbor about our girls playing volleyball the last 2 days and comparing experiences.
Looking back, it was a good day. Now I have to face laundry day tomorrow :(

3 comments:

RyanE said...

Good job, Brooke! I love it when my kids make dinner!

Paige

Susan Byers said...

Dad told me you were doing the roadshow. I couldn't believe it!
Good for you!

Eva said...

ha ha ha, Lisa you make me laugh! You're such a good person to support your husband by joining a roadshow committee :D You should make them give you a badge or medallion or something for that!