Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Holiday Meme

Close up of Santa's beard - covered with buttons.

My best friend in Tucson gave me this one Christmas.

My mom made this and gave it to me when Justin was 2 and Brooke was a baby
and we had just moved to Tucson.


My mom also made this and gave it to us when Justin and Brooke were little.
It is very similar to the one she had for our family when I was little.

Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme

TodaysMama and Provo Craft are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.
1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year?
  • a 1 TB external hard drive
  • a smoothie making blender
  • help figuring out what to give my kids for Christmas
  • for the downstairs project to get finished
  • new living room - carpet, paint and furniture (it says "wish")
2. What is your favorite handmade gift you have received?
See the pictures above - I can't get them to cut and paste so you'll just have to deal with it.

3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle?
There are a couple of wall hanging kits with a Christmas theme that I have but haven't had time or the courage to start on my own. One is a paper pieced nativity kit and the other is a cute snowman kit. I also have a log cabin christmas quilt started and also just bought another patchwork christmas quilt kit to do.

4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child?
The one I remember the most was my Barbie Townhouse. It was SO COOL! It was 3 stories tall and had an elevator. I wish I still had it for Kamryn to play with.

5. What items are on your kid’s wish list this year?
  • Justin wants a "Max Hall hates me" t-shirt
  • Brooke wants the piano music to the score from "The Boy in Striped Pajamas"
  • Taylor wants a lego set that is on backorder and can't be delivered until mid-February
  • Jared wants every boy thing he sees in commercials, catalogs, and in the stores.
  • Kamryn wants every girl thing she sees in commercials, catalogs and in the stores.
6. What is your favorite holiday food?
I love Delectible Chocolate Almond Balls (recipe found in my notes on my facebook page). As a kid we didn't like them because they had nuts in them but they are my favorite now. So yummy!

7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays?
I have big plans and I hope I can get everything done: 2 new blankets for Jared and Kamryn, pjs for Brooke (found some cute volleyball flannel), some paper crafts for friends.

8. What is your favorite holiday movie?
"It's a Wonderful Life" for sure

9. Favorite holiday song?
Too hard to pick - I love "The Forgotten Carols", a lot of music that you don't hear on the cheesy Christmas radio stations - Points of Grace's Christmas album, SheDaisy's Christmas album, a couple of songs by Trisha Yearwood.

10. Favorite holiday pastime?
Staying home on Christmas Eve and having pizza and opening the one present - jammies.
Some years we do "The Forgotten Carols" at home - read the book and listen to the music.
Please feel free to copy and post and enter too.

No comments: