Sunday, December 06, 2009

Christmas Tree

This is our "Phoenix" tree. Its a little 4 ft tree we bought while we lived in Phoenix. Last year we let some friends borrow it and the year before that we had it in the family room in the basement. I was trying to decide what to do with it this year when I noticed my sister's little tree at her house. She has all the ornaments from my mom on it. I thought it was a great idea and copied her this year. My mom has given us an ornament every year since our first Christmas after we got married. The ornament is always represents something significant from that year. There is a baby-type one from each of the years my kids were born. There are ornaments about when we were living away. She even found a female runner for last year when I ran a marathon. The new one this year is a bear representing our family trip to Bear Lake this summer. I really like having all those ornaments grouped together on one little tree and being reminded of so many great events over the last 19 years.

Mitzvah - this one goes to several family members. We were all gathered at my parents for our monthly fast sunday dinner. Cecilia went to get something out of the dryer and noticed the drain in the laundry room was overflowing. Parry, Paul and Dale all worked to figure out (clogged drain from the kitchen) and solved the problem. This saved my dad an expensive trip from a plumber. Good job guys!

No comments: