Thursday, December 03, 2009

Festival of Trees

I went with both of my sisters to the Festival of Trees today. Its an annual tradition for me to go each year. It was kind of nice to go without any of my kids this year although I frequently thought how much Jared and Kamryn would have liked it.
Every year I see my friend Melinda there. How amazing is that really? That we both happen to go on the same day and at the same time every year.
I always enjoy looking at the variety of trees - the crazy ones, the "original" ones, the traditional, the pretty, the crazy - they have them all. A new thing this year (at least I think it was new) was the row of quilts that were sold. They were amazing and so beautiful. If I had the money that is what I would buy.

Mitzvah - watched my friends kids so she could take her daughter to a doctor appt. When she got to the doctor she found out that the appt is really for next Tuesday. So she went to the grocery store instead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's fun. I haven't been to the festival in quite some time.

And I like reading your every day posts.