Monday, November 30, 2009

Early Christmas Presents

So it was like Christmas around here today, in a very weird way.
First of all, this afternoon, I walked into the storage room and it was like a small river was running across it. The water heater was leaking like crazy out the bottom. I called Paul on his work phone and cell phone but no answer so I texted him to call me ASAP and he did. This is the type of project he would have liked to fix himself but couldn't because work is crazy and he's heading out of town tomorrow for the rest of the week. So I called a friend who happened to have her water heater go out yesterday to see who they called. Then I decided to call a few others to get an idea on prices. Before doing the calling I stopped the washing machine and dishwasher and turned off the water to the house. I looked in the yellow pages under plumbers and the first I ad I noticed was "A Better Water Heater." I called the number and was impressed with the guy and he said he could be there in about an hour. Paul talked to him too and was also impressed. He was there by 4:30 and done by 6:30. I've actually been bugging Paul about putting in a new water heater so this is like Christmas for me.
The second Christmas present was for the family, but especially for Justin. Our main family computer has been down for over a month and Paul finally bought a new power supply today and its up and running again. It really should be Justin's for real Christmas present because he's been so anxious to have the computer working so he could get to all the Christmas music in our iTunes library.
So come Christmas, we'll take a hot bath or shower and listen to great music and remember our presents we got early.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least it's fixed, right?