Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Lisa, Judy, and Jenny
I started out this Thanksgiving by getting up early and participating in the Cottonwood Heights Thanksgiving 5K. I am very grateful that Judy convinced me to sign up. I've always wanted to do the race but for a variety of reasons haven't done it. We all started out together walking and enjoyed the whole race excitement. When we were about 1/2 way I started doing a little running to get up the hills, I find it easier to run up the hills. Then Jenny passed me and finished just before me. I finished in 41 minutes, which was my slowest 5K time ever but pretty good considering I just started exercising again at the beginning of the week.

Brooke set a lovely table for our dinner.

This was Delicious.
Go here for the recipe. YUMMY!!

Our buffet dish up table.
The warmer is my mom's and is the greatest thing ever to keep all the good food warm.

Everybody ready to eat our big dinner.
(don't you just love Justin's hair?)
I really should have taken another picture after we all dished up but things got pretty crazy.
All of the food was delicious, especially the cranberry sauce. We were all full too fast and then enjoyed visiting for awhile and then started eating again with dessert.
I am thankful for my family, our home that keeps us warm and out of the cold, Paul's job that provides for our family and good friends. There is a lot more to list but that is enough for now.





No comments: