Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Results


This is my own homemade Cranberry Sauce. I got it here at AllRecipes.com. It was SO EASY to make, I couldn't believe it. And it smelled so good while it was cooking. Yum! I can hardly wait to try it tomorrow.
There are so many variations out there to try too. There is another one I want to try that has more to it and more of relishy, chutney kind. Hopefully I'll have time to make it in the next couple of days to go with the leftovers.

Here's the bird!
Paul had said he would do the whole dinner but I really didn't want to wait until Thursday and do everything and get all stressed out and have dinner late in the day. While I was thinking about what stresses me out about the big dinner its trying to get everything to come together at the same time and have it all hot. One of the main pains is getting all the meat off the turkey and the mess in the kitchen from fixing everything.
I decided to do the turkey today - best thing I ever did (hopefully it will taste as good tomorrow when we warm it up). All of the meat is off the bones and nicely put in a casserole dish and all ready to go. And all of the mess is cleaned up.
I tried something new with the turkey this year. Its this recipe with one switch - Martinelli's instead of champagne.
The pies are made and in the fridge ( we do Banana Cream pie without the bananas, one sugar free for Paul's dad). I am also going to bake a Razzleberry Pie tomorrow. I also have the stuffing to make and the rolls and that's it tomorrow. And then bring it all together so we can eat around 4.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments: