Monday, February 04, 2013

I LOVE to read

I really do LOVE to read.  Its one of my most favorite things to do.  Most of the time I'd rather read a book than watch a movie.  There are a lot of books I LOVE.  I kept a list on this blog for awhile but then started using goodreads.com to keep track of what I've read.  I wish I had a written list of all the books I've read.  Unfortunately I am a compulsive reader and if its a really good book then i tend to read it all day or late into the night and don't do the things I should be doing.  I am grateful that most of my kids have also developed that LOVE of reading. I'm still trying to convert one more to LOVE reading.  Jared and Kamryn both spent several hours over the weekend reading and I LOVE to see that.
A few books just off the top of my head that I LOVE:

  • The Giver - just finished it again for book club
  • The Snow Child - most recent favorite
  • The City of Tranquil Light - one of my all time favorites
  • The Help
  • Still Alice
  • any of the Elephant and piggy books by Mo Willems
  • Bruiser
  • A Town Like Alice
  • The Other Side of the Bridge
  • Kindred
  • StarGirl
  • Unbroken
  • The Guernsey and Literary Potato Peel Pie Society
  • Elm Creek Quilt series
  • The Book Thief
  • The Kite Runner
  • Goose Girl
Now I think I'm going to go and read :)

No comments: