Saturday, November 15, 2008

San Diego Trip

Yesterday Paul and I were able to go to the San Diego Temple for a session. That temple is so AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL inside and out.

Today we drove up the coast on the Pacific Coast Highway. We couldn't decide which beach to stop at and just kept driving and ended up driving up to Carlsbad. Our family went on vacation there a few years ago and we ended up spending a couple of hours at that very same beach. It was such a beautiful day - unseasonably warm for November. Paul even rented a boogie board and played in the surf for over an hour. I stayed on the beach and watched him and enjoyed the sun.


This is Paul and I just before the start of the Utah vs SDSU football game. This was the whole reason we decided to come down to San Diego - to go to the game. It was a great game -
the Utes won 63-14!
It was fun to be there with so many Utah fans - it seemed like there were more Utah fans there than San Diego State fans.

It's been such a great weekend and I've really enjoyed spending some good quality time with Paul. I've loved being back in San Diego and the weather has been fabulous. Thank goodness for grandparents and kids that watch the little ones so we can get away for a weekend date.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so jealous. Not that you went to the game, but that you went to San Diego!

Shingleton Family said...

How fun!! Go Utes!!! I feel that the game next weeks is the true test for both Utah and BYU.

Susan Byers said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend? Glad that you had fun!

Stephanie said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! :) It's always good to take a vacation.

The Martin Family said...

So fun! I hope you enjoyed the Utes last win of the season. :)
The beach looks dreamy. I could handle San Diego weather all year long. Anytime away with your husband, no matter where it is, is ALWAYS fun! I am jealous!