Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Some Random Thoughts

I've been thinking I should post more often just about random, everyday happenings.
**On Sunday our YW lesson was about traditions. The lesson suggests to use the opening from Fiddler on the Roof where Tevya (sp?) is talking about tradition. The MiaMaid counselor actually showed that part of the movie and Brooke said she had never seen the movie. So we borrowed it from my friend and watched it Sunday afternoon. We had no idea it was so long - at the intermission we thought it was over - good thing we kept the DVD playing so we could continue watching. After 2 1/2 hours Brooke said "This is a freakishly long movie." When I asked Taylor if he liked it, he said "No, there was too much singing!" Guess I should have told him it was a musical.
**I haven't said much about Brooke's volleyball this year. I don't take pictures because with my camera they don't turn out too well. She's played great this year and has really been a very consistent player on her team.
**What do you think of your 9th grade son getting a "C-" inn gym? I just found Justin's report card today - he never gave it to me. I'm not too happy with that kind of grade in an easy A class. I'm trying to decide what to do about that.
**The other day I walked in the kitchen and Jared and Kamryn were all set up with the haircut station (just like when I cut the boys hair - the folding chair in the very spot I use in the kitchen). Thank goodness it was just a giant care bear in the chair that was the victim for the haircut.
**When I asked Taylor about his soccer game last week (which I missed because I was at Brooke's volleyball tournament) he told me his team won 4-2. I told him that was great and his reply "They would have lost if it weren't for me." I asked him if he played goalie and he said no - defense the whole time because his coach said he's the best defender and his team can't handle the defense without him.

2 comments:

Susan Byers said...

I'm glad that you left this post. I've been watching for something. It was fun to read. I'm anxious to know what you did about the C-.

Anonymous said...

Don't you love it when the kids keep you informed about their lives?