Saturday, December 01, 2007

It's official

It's official - it's Christmas time.
For some reason, I've had quite the "scrooge" attitude about Christmas this year. Usually I start listening to Christmas music right after Halloween but not this year. I was so annoyed by the the radio stations with the super early starts that we boycotted them until after Thanksgiving.
I think the great long fall weather had something to do with it. It just didn't seem like Christmas. So the snow has helped it to seem more like Christmas.
Today was the day to decorate. But I also had to do laundry, errands, make a lunch stop at McDonald's for my nephew's birthday, make dinner, make slush for a baby shower tomorrow. But if we didn't decorate today I had no idea when we would do it.
Paul and Justin brought the tree up and then Paul went to bed. He's sick again and had a bad headache.
The kids were great to help and they took all the Christmas storage boxes upstairs. After we got all the boxes upstairs I plugged in the lights for the tree and the whole top of the tree is not lit and half of the bottom. Lights make me so crazy. We ended up not decorating the tree but did get the rest of the house decorated. I started out in a pretty bad mood and was getting after my kids for goofing off during the process. Luckily they don't take me too seriously and by the end of the whole process I was finally having fun and getting into the spirit.
Now if I can just live through tomorrow:
10:00 Festival of Trees to see my niece dance
11:00 Taylor's 1st basketball game this year
1:00 Friend's baby shower I'm helping to give
6:00 Ward Christmas party that I need to bring an appetizer to - have no idea what.
And now that's it almost 1:00 am, I'm going to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Anonymous said...

Um, good luck reading that other comment. Hee Hee! Well we finally got our decorations up. We don't get a tree up til later as we get a real one every year. Can't beat the smell of a good Christmas tree. Anywho, hope it gets Merrier for ya! Take care and keep warm!

Janice said...

Merry Christmas! We just finished up the Nutcracker, so I am so feeling Christmasy.