Tuesday, January 23, 2007

What a weekend

I wrote before (I think) about Paul's parents and his dad having open heart surgery. The surgery went well and he was doing okay for a couple of days and then started going down hill Friday. Saturday he was even worse and late at night he was unresponsive and they thought he was maybe having a stroke. They did a CT scan and it didn't show anything. He started coming around but was still not himself. They took him off LorTab and he seemed to do much better. That was not a good drug for him. Now he's on Percaset (sp?) and that seems to be a better match for him. So I was up there Sunday and 3 times on Monday. Paul's been staying at the hospital since Friday (I'd say sleeping there but he really hasn't gotten much sleep). John will probably be there at least 2 more days and then the real hard time starts with taking care of him at home. It's going to be a long couple of weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I am really feeling for you. As the full time nurse of broken leg girl here, I can tell you it's a lot of work. You are so sweet to be helping out, and I hope it doesn't burn you out. Good luck to you, my friend.

Mich said...

Oh, Lisa! You are a saint to help so much! I'll keep you and them in my prayers....