Monday, January 08, 2007

New Years resolutions

I struggle with resolutions every year. One year the only one I made was to not make any - I succeeded that year. Last year I decided to keep it simple and made 2 - to make my bed every day (I pretty much succeeded at that with a few days missed here and there) and to exercise. I succeeded at that one (didn't start until the end of Aug but I did start).
So this year I've been thinking about what goals I'd like to work on this year. I think I should challenge myself a little more this year. So here there, for everyone to see (they say a goal not written is only a wish).
1. Post more regularly on my blog - at least once a week but strive for more than that.
2. Get back in the regular scripture reading habit. I started in the Book of Mormon in Sept and was doing really good until Dec and took most of the month off. So I read again this morning and plan to finish before school gets out. I also want to keep up with the reading in the New Testament for Sunday School.
3. Lose 10 pounds before April (when we go on the Disney Cruise). I've got to be diligent and get the rest of the junk out of my house and get back on eDiets.
4.Work on at least one item from my big project list each week.

Okay, that's double from last year. Hopefully I can stick to these goals.
A side note on resolutions, for a great article read Afton Day's article "The New Me Has Been Cancelled" in the January 1981 Ensign. (One thing on my project list is to learn how to put links in the text of my blog).

No comments: