Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Don't know where to start

I had no idea that it had been over two weeks since I'd last written. It just seemed so overwhelming to write during the holiday craziness. So, now I'll catch up (just think, Paige, now you will have something to read, sorry to disappoint).



Christmas - was okay. Not our best ever. Kamryn started with a bad cold a couple days before Christmas and Jared got sick on Christmas Eve. He seemed fine at Paul's parents but when we got home he just sat on the couch in a daze. I thought it was because I'd given him a little cold medicine when I was giving Kamryn her medicine (he loves medicine and she hates it, and she's the one that has to take it more often). Finally I felt his forehead and he had a fever. So then I rightfully gave him some Motrin and we put them to bed. Our big kids stayed up late so needless to say Paul and I were up late. Got to bed about 1:30 and Taylor came in our room at 4:44. Luckily he went back to sleep until about 7:00. Brooke got up at 7:30 and Justin got up at 8:30. I had told them they had to wait for Jared and Kamryn to wake up before we could do Christmas so we had breakfast first and Paul went to get his parents so they could enjoy the fun.

The morning was okay - Jared and Kamryn fought over each other's toys and the boys didn't seem too excited about the PS2 they got. At least Brooke seemed happy with her volleyball and piano themed Christmas.
We went down to the Adams for the afternoon and to have lunch. Jared and Kamryn were supposed to sleep there but that didn't work out too well. Jared finally napped at my parents in the evening. All in all, it was still a nice day.
The biggest surprise gift was from my parents - they had all of their home movies transferred to DVD and gave them to us. They also spent most of the summer and fall watching all of them to write an index. What a great gift.
We went to the cabin over the weekend - Thur to Sat. We had a great time up there doing the usual - playing in the snow, playing games, eating, watching movies and just relaxing. Jared and Kamryn love playing up there with their cousins. It was nice to have them happy again.
New Years Eve was a little different this year since it was on Sunday. I was fortunate enough to go the youth fireside at the conference center with Brooke and 7 other girls in our ward. We got there early so we would be sure to have good seats and it was worth going early. I really enjoyed the rehearsal that was going on and I knew we were going to be in for a major treat. That is the best fireside I've been to in a long time and Brooke said it was the best ever for her. The music was SO GOOD (and Paige, I saw you and really loved that song). The talks were so good and we plan to watch them again for FHE. It was especially neat hearing from President Hinckley without the time constraints he's usually under. I highly recommend watching this program if you missed it. KBYU is airing it again next Sunday at 6:30 (http://www.kbyutv.org/schedule/?dateselect=2007%3A1%3A7&v=day#)
New Years Day was half kick back and half working. I went shopping to Kohl's in the morning with Brooke. In the afternoon I started the huge mountain of laundry and also started taking down all the Christmas decorations. I didn't really intend to do either yesterday but it just kind of happened. All of Christmas is put away except for the little tree we have downstairs. Can't remember where I stored it. The laundry is probably about half done.
So, there you have it.
Look at my next post for goals next year (one of them about regular posts).

No comments: