Friday, September 26, 2014

My awesome volunteer gig

This is the 2nd season my sister, Susan, and I have been ushering at Pioneer Theater Company.  Our aunt Sandy got us into it.  Initially she had me come train so I could sub for her.  But I liked it so much I wanted my own regular assignment.  It was fun last year to get to see all of the plays for free - all we had to do was hand out programs and occasionally help patrons find their seat.
We do the last Friday night of each run, which after tonight I've decided is not a good thing.  There is only one day left of the show and if its a really good show we don't know to tell people about it until its almost too late.  Such was the case tonight.
The opening show this season is "The 25th annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" and it was outstanding!  I went in expecting it to be good and it was GREAT!!  So entertaining, so funny.  They call up 4 volunteers from the audience to be a part of the spelling bee and that is just so funny - how quick the actors are to pick up on what the new spellers are wearing and work them into the dialogue.
I HIGHLY recommend going to see this show - TOMORROW!!  Matinee at 2:00 and evening performance, closing night at 8:00 pm.


No comments: