Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Gasp

Gasp ... I actually went visiting teaching tonight. I've had tons of guilt over this issue, especially lately. When we moved back here from Phoenix the RS president took pitty on me with the new little babies at our house (she'd had twins of her own many years ago and knew what I was in for). So I didn't get a VT assignment until Jared and Kamryn were 1 - that was 1 1/2 years ago. So I received my assignment and kind of laughed -
*I was assigned one of the counselors in the YW presidency so I see her every Wed night at the very minimum
*I was also assigned one of my very best friends who I exercise with every morning. I visit with her every day and know in great detail what is going on in her life.
*The 3rd woman is someone I've known forever and used to babysit her kids.
My guilt comes from not properly visiting the first 2 ladies - a visit in their home with a message. But my big guilt comes from not properly visiting the 3rd sister. She is single and would probably really enjoy having her VTers come.
So in the 1 1/2 yrs I've had this assignment I've done very poorly. Yesterday when the phone rang while we were eating dinner Justin went to see who it was and he told me and it was my VT supervisor. I said don't answer it - mostly because we were in the middle of dinner and because I was so embarrassed to tell her again that I had not met with sister #3.
So I went out visiting to all 3 sisters tonight - a real visit in their homes with a message. It was a very enjoyable evening and I'm so glad I went.
I pledge right now to do better. (and it's a great relief to be able to call the supervisor with a 100% report).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are lucky they haven't changed you in all that time. In 1 1/2 years, I have changed partners and ladies at least 3, maybe 4 times. It gets frustrating that I can't just have some consistency. But good for you for going and doing it. I did my VT for September, too.

Janice said...

Wow! Good for you. I have a non existant partner, so I always just go alone--so much easier.