Thursday, October 18, 2007

2 trouble makers


So, the other day, I left Justin and Brooke in charge of Jared and Kamryn while I ran to the store and did a couple of errands. I was gone longer than I said I would be and I completely blame myself for what happened. My first mistake was asking 2 kids to be in charge. It's always better to just ask one of them. So this time Justin thought Brooke was watching them and vice versus. So when I walked in the door I was greeted with a fairly big mess. Jared and Kamryn decided to make their own dinner (I assume this is what they were thinking). They had half of the fridge emptied and both fridge and freezer doors were open. There was an open ice cream container lying on its side on the table, parmesan cheese sprinkled all over the floor and on other food and in the big bottle of apple juice. There were half eaten apples out and half eaten containers of yogurt on the table. After taking in this mess I look up to see those two little wonders walk in and they have mascara all over their faces. Kamryn had also gotten some pink fingernail polish and dripped it on her brand new white shirt and pink pants.
All this happened while Brooke was in the next room reading and she was thinking Justin was watching them. And he wasn't even there because he'd left to go to soccer practice.

2 comments:

Susan Byers said...

very funny. Did Brooke feel bad?

Anonymous said...

oh, that's a classic 2xtwo year old story!