Thursday, May 24, 2007

Weekend Away

I'm so excited for my weekend away. Dale started this several years ago by giving Susan a weekend away at the cabin as a gift for Mother's Day and her birthday. I was lucky enough to benefit from that gift. That was the beginning of an awesome tradition. We are going to the cabin from tomorrow until Monday sometime. It's such an awesome thought - no whining, no one needing you, doing whatever we want for a whole weekend. I told Brooke "No offense, but I don't think we're going to be ready to come home on Monday." She asked how long we'd have to stay up there to be ready to come home and I said at least a week.
I actually was up to the cabin for the day today with my aunt Sandra. We wanted to get our scrapbooking stuff up there and get set up. So we went up in her truck and took Jared and Kamryn with us. That really made me realize how nice it will be up there without them for a few days as they were whining and then getting into all of my stuff. For the most part they were very good up there and had fun playing and watching a movie.
I'll report next week on the big event.

No comments: