Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Kamryn


Kamryn with Jared and Taylor at the food court at our hotel in Disney World. That girl loves her food.


One of my favorite pictures from our trip. Pretty happy for a very early morning.


I cannot believe it is Kamryn's 2nd birthday already. Sometimes it seems like just yesterday that I was going to the hospital after finding out a doctor's appt that I was 6-7 cm dilated and it was one week before I was scheduled for the C-section.
Time has flown by and she has grown up and changed so much in the last year. I call her princess but it doesn't always fit. She's tough and strong-willed and likes to have things her own way. She can also be very girly and likes to wear pretty dresses and look at herself in the mirror after I have done her hair. She loves to play with dolls and is a cute little mommy.
Kamryn is very ticklish and has the cutest laugh. I really love it when Brooke or Taylor get her really giggling. It just makes me laugh. Kamryn is usually more outgoing than her brother Jared but lately she is more of the shy one and hides from strangers.
She still loves her blankies and binkys and I just can't stand to take the binky away. She's so happy and anxious to go to bed at nap time or night time. She will talk to Jared in the morning and try to wake him up. She calls him "la-la" and I'll hear her say "La-La up!!!!" Then they will spend up to an hour in their cribs (which I plan to have them use them until they can climb out themselves) talking, jumping, playing and cuddling with their blankies and binkys until I come in to get them out of bed. Even then they'll sometime want to stay in bed awhile longer while I talk to them. Kamryn is almost always the first one to want to get out and then runs away so I can't change her diaper.
Kamryn loves to go for a walk but she has to be ahead of Jared. Several times this has caused her to fall. She also has a cute little walk which is hard to describe. She kind of run/walks and while doing this swings one arm back and forth and the other arm kind of flails around randomly. It makes for a pretty funny sight.
Kamryn loves dogs but is afraid if they get too close. She LOVES to go outside and can get out even when all the doors are locked. She has no fear and loves to swing high and go down the slide by herself at her grandma's. She also loves to swim and it quite the fish. She may be swimming on her own by the end of summer.
Kamryn's favorite foods are cereal (of course, she's an Adams), toast, JUICE, chicken, FRIES, hot dogs, crackers, yogurt (sometimes), applesauce, strawberries, almost anything I'm eating, most vegetables - especially cooked broccoli and green beans. On the cruise, the waiter brought her a plate of chicken nuggets, fried and broccoli and guess what she ate first? The broccoli. On the cruise she was also introduced to corn on the cob. She loved it. It occupied her for a long time. She would pick off one kernel at a time and eat it.
Kamryn has a gruff voice (like her sister's was at this age) but also has a very girly high pitched scream. She talks a lot yet isn't quite as clear as Jared. I'm sure she'll catch up and overtake him. She gets along with him most of the time but does her share of hitting and pushing him.
She is full of energy and quite the monkey. She is always into things she's not supposed to be and is always climbing.
I love Kamryn dearly and cannot imagine life without her.

No comments: