Monday, May 21, 2007

Journal

Ever since I started blogging I have neglected my regular, hand-written journal. I haven't meant to, it's just happened. Last Sunday our lesson in YW was on Journals and our secretary taught the lesson and did a great job. She called us all to repentance and I vowed to write in my journal. The very disturbing thing was that when I opened it and looked at my last entry I couldn't believe it - March 2006! Yikes. That's a long time ago when it comes to journal writing. It really made me sad to think of all the things I had missed writing about - Jared and Kamryn turning one and all the growth they've had over the last 15 months, our trip back east, my walking days with Cynthia, etc, etc. At least I have my blog entries, which I have printed and put in a binder to save. So I wrote in my journal yesterday - for 17 pages! And that was only about our trip to DisneyWorld and Jared and Kamryn's 2nd birthdays. I'm really going to try to do better about writing in my regular journal on a regular basis. And keep up the blog. Wish me luck, or better yet, remind me to write.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Since March!! Just teasing, I am sure I haven't written in mine for that long either. So no worries. That is what your blog is for. Hope all is well with you and Go Jazz!

Anonymous said...

17 pages! That's some kind of a record. Did you hand hurt?

Janice said...

I type a letter to my family and mail it about every 2 weeks that serves as my journal. My handwriting is so bad, if I kept a handwritten journel, no one would be able to read it.

Anonymous said...

Print out your blog--and add it to your journal. That's what I do. Who says a journal actually has to be in a book? Just make one.