Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Justin

I just wanted to brag about Justin for a minute:
On Saturday was his first soccer game this year. He plays in a co-ed division that is 14-19 year olds. It is really fun to watch Justin play, along with the rest of his team. His personal goal is to try to score two goals. He accomplished that in the game with plenty of time left to play. He had the ball and could have easily scored again but passed it off to one of the girls so she could try to score. We were very proud of him for that. We were talking to him about it and he said that is always one of his goals - to assist the girls to score. I think he might have ulterior (sp?) motives :)
On Sunday Justin spoke in stake conference. He received a call from the stake president while we were in Alaska. He said it's all my fault that the stake president called him because I'm always chatting with the man. (Our current stake president was in the bishopric when I was in the singles ward a LONG time ago. I've known the SP longer than I've known Paul).
Anyway, Justin did a great job with his talk. He didn't seem nervous at all. He didn't just read the whole talk, which he had prepared on his own on FRIDAY night (he was at the Utah game on Sat night) and he was funny and spiritual. To conclude his talk he was sharing his testimony and he mentioned how he loved his family, especially his mom. He then went on to share this story:
"A while ago we were in priesthood and my teacher was talking about missions and he went around the room and asked each person individually if they were going to go. When he got to me he said 'Oh, Justin, I don't even have to ask you. I know your Mom and I know you're going."

4 comments:

Janice said...

Yes, he does know your mom and he will be going. I tell my kids daily that they will be serving missions too.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's wonderful! Such a good boy, and you Should be proud of him. And of you. Because you are a great mom.

Susan Byers said...

Justin's a great kid! You deserve to brag about him.

Anonymous said...

Bragging rights are fully yours! You do have a wonderful son and I hope my boys are like him! Have a wonderful day! Miss you!!