Monday, January 07, 2008

I am still alive

I've been meaning to post ever since Christmas and have many excuses for why I haven't but none of them are really very good.
We had a great Christmas - after being up way too late on Christmas Eve we did manage to get about 4 hours of sleep, I think. Jared and Kamryn got up too early for how late they went to bed but they did get a nap that day, thank goodness and so did I.
Christmas morning was a lot of fun, especially with jared and Kamryn. they were thrilled with their presents, of which they got too many.
My favorite reaction was when Brooke opened a present from us that I had wrapped first in a box with Christmas wrap and then inside that box was another box wrapped in birthday paper. The birthday present we had given was junk and we had returned it and never gotten her anything else. So for a combined present we gave her a nano iPod. She was genuinely surprised to get it, very excited about it and very grateful.
The most shocking gift we gave was to Taylor - a BB rifle gun (like in the movie Christmas Story). He seemed to think it was cool - the only bad part is he hasn't been able to use it yet.
We had Paul's family over to our house for brunch and presents and just hanging out during the day. At night we went over to my parent's house for the Shingleton family get together. Lots of noise, good food and the usual cousin and adult sibling present exchange.
The day after Christmas is my favorite - a day to just be casual and hangout. I did get up at 8:00 to go shopping and actually did most of my returns without standing in any lines.

No comments: