Thursday, January 17, 2008

8 things . . .

"I'm the king of eight and i'm here to state that everything here has to total eight."

8 things I'm passionate about:

1. my husband
2. my kids
3. reading
4. chocolate - all kinds
5. Good teachers for my kids
6. being warm
7. eating out
8. watching my kids play their sports

8 things I want to do before I die:
1. Visit the Mediterranean
2. Cruise the Hawaiin islands
3. Run in some kind of race again
4. Finish all of my sewing projects
5. Go sky-diving
6. Go on a mission with my husband
7. Get caught up with scrapbooking
8. Become a regular journal writer - again.

8 books I have read recently:
1. A Thousand Splendid Suns
2. A Memoir: Three Weeks with My Brother
3. Eclipse
4. New Moon
5. Twilight
6. Forever Blue (4th sisterhood book)
7. It's All About HIM (Alan Jackson's wife, Denise's biography)
8. Sidetracked Home Executives (S.H.E.)

8 things I often say:
1. cool
2. do you want a spanking?
3. I'm going to count to three (and then Kamryn continues counting on from 3)
4. I'm freezing!
5. I'm done with winter
6. Can you tend? (said almost daily with our current busy schedule)
7. You are a big boy, not a big girl (trying to convince Jared he is not the big girl).
8. Have a good day - as my husband and kids go out the door.

8 things that attract me to friends:
1. Good company
2. Love of eating out
3. sense of humor
4. loyalty
5. good listener
6. likes to just hang out
7. good listener
8. Likes to have fun

8 songs and albums I could listen to over and over:
1. Let Them Be Little -- Billy Dean
2. I'll Go On Loving You -- Alan Jackson
3. For Good - Wicked Soundtrack
4. Almost any Keith Urban song
5. King of Sorrow and
6. Pearls - both by Sade, the live versions on her DVD concert
7. Love Song - Sara Bareilles
8. I'll Be Around - the Spinners

8 things I learned this year:
1. I can survive driving with my 15 year old.
2. Competitive volleyball is HUGE.
3. Two 2-year-olds can undo anything you do in half the time.
4. Teenagers are great!
5. I continue to exercise daily but it doesn't seem to make much difference - until you stop for the holidays.
6. Reading others blogs can make you feel connected to others going through similar things
7. Having 2 two-year-olds is a lot of work but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
8. I'm not very good at helping my kids with school projects.

8 things you Might not Know about me
1. I don't like to be up in front of people but I'll do it when I have to.
2. I love living in Arizona but not enough to stay there and be away from family and friends here.
3. I am scared of the dark.
4. I have serious dental phobias
5. I would rather read all day, than do pretty much anything else.
6. I HATE confrontation, but if I have to do it, I am willing to fight for myself, my husband and kids.
7. I have serious mice issues.
8. I went on a mission to San Diego - I can't believe it about myself.

If you are reading this, you are tagged.

1 comment:

Janice said...

I knew we were alike but I didn't realize you liked to eat out. Why aren't we eating out together more?