Monday, January 07, 2008

My favorite present

My favorite present was the lap top Paul gave me for Christmas. Now don't start thinking he really spoiled me. The cool thing is he won it at his company Christmas party. Every year they have this really nice dinner and entertainment and then a big rafle drawing for really great prizes - big screen tv, trips, PS3, etc. We had never won before and I told Paul this was our year. We checked out the prizes before the dinner and I had decided it would be most cool to win the big TV (the kids would freak) or the trip to San Diego (so we could go to the Utah bowl game). When it came time for the drawing we didn't get the tv or the trip but when they brought out the lap top bundle package (which I hadn't even seen) I thought "now, that would be cool" and then they called Paul's name. I jumped up and screamed and really embarassed Paul. It was so exciting to finally win something. We decided to not tell anyone about our big win and save it for my Christmas present. Paul was so relieved to have something cool for me and he had a lot of fun getting it all set up for me. And I've had fun playing on it and figuring it out. In fact, I'm using it right now to add this post. I'm at Brooke's 2nd volleyball practice for club and we are at Open Court and they have free wi-fi, way cool!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is why I tell Ryan he needs to go to his company party--prizes! But they always have it the same week as the Tab Choir Concerts, so I can't go with him, and he won't go alone. Think of all the prizes we are missing out on!