Tuesday, February 16, 2010

50 Bucks

What would you do for 50 bucks?
Well, today I went downtown to listen to radio music for 2 hours and they paid me 50 bucks. A couple of weeks ago I answered the phone and it happened to be a real person asking me questions about my radio listening habits. I guess I passed her test and she asked me if I'd be willing to help on some radio research. When she said it involved $50 for two hours, I thought why not - that's $25 an hour. And I would use it to pay for (mostly pay for) our family to go see Avatar.
There were probably 2 dozen women in my group - ranging in age from 30-50. We were in a room in an old house and told we would be listen to 3-5 second snippets of songs and then we had to rate on a 1-5 scale how much we liked the song and also if we were Not Tired, A Little Tired or Very Tired of the song. We listened to almost 600 songs in just under 2 hours. The hardest part of it was my hand cramping up so bad from filling in all those little bubbles with my pencil. By the end I could barely hold my pencil. It made me wonder how Justin got through the ACT last week. But then he's used to it and I'm not.
Overall it was an interesting experience and worth the money.

3 comments:

Susan Byers said...

Very interesting! I'm sooooo glad I didn't do it.

Julianne said...

Wow, sounds like you earned it! Thanks for visiting me today. It's always great to spend time with you.
Julianne

Anonymous said...

I listen to the radio all day. I would totally do that.