Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lemon Bundt Cake

This recipe comes from my aunt Sandy. She gives this recipe, the ingred. and a bundt cake pan to new brides as a gift.

1 pkg yellow cake mix (Betty Crocker is best)
1 sm pkg instant lemon pudding
4 eggs
2/3 cup oil
3/4 cup water

Glaze - runny, thin consistency
2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup lemon juice

Mix all ingred for 5 min. Grease and flour bundt pan (Bakers Joy spray works best). Bake at 375 for 35 - 40 min. Cake top springs back to touch when done. Turn onto plate to cool for 10 -15 min. Drizzle glase completely over cake.

(I baked this cake yesterday and it was done at 35 min. I only did 1/2 the glaze amount and it was plenty for one cake). I served this at our YW Standards Night and it was a big hit. I have to make another one today so my family can have some.

No comments: