Thursday, January 22, 2009

5K in St George


Brooke and I entered the "Painter's 5K" in St George this last Saturday. I needed to do it for the St George runner's series and Brooke thought it would be fun to try a race. I was glad she came with me. It was much colder than we expected. The above picture was taken before the race.



This picture is after we both finished. I actually beat Brooke by about 45 seconds but she didn't really train for the race. I was happy with my finish - I beat my last 5K time by about a minute and I ran the whole thing except for one little walk of about 50 yards. It was fun to do this race with my daughter. Hopefully she'll want to do another one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! And thanks for posting. I've been feeling sad and lonely every time I check over here and there's nothing new.

The Martin Family said...

Great job! I am jealous. I really want to run another race soon! We HAVE to keep running!