Friday, July 25, 2008

Happy 24th



We had a pretty kick back holiday. I got up in the morning and went running with one of my friends and then came home and finished reading a book. (The first book I've finished this summer - pathetic, I know). I watched almost the whole parade and even got all the trivia questions answered and entered the contest. Now I'm just waiting for KSL to call to tell me I won.:) It was fun to see Melinda's son marching with Riverton H.S.
Then our family (except for Justin and Brooke) went swimming at Paul's parents' community pool. It's so much fun to take Jared and Kamryn swimming (a little overwhelming too when they're both jumping in at the same time). They are both quite the little fish and are learning to do a little swimming on their own between Paul and me.
After swimming we visited with Paul's cousin, Dan Truman of Diamond Rio fame and The Nashville Tribute Band fame. He always has great stories to tell. He was in town for the NTB to perform their Trek concert.


Taylor waiting for Kamryn to jump in.


Jared and Kamryn both wanting to jump in to their dad. They preferred their dad and only wanted to jump to him. That was great for me.


Paul holding Kamryn while he waits for Jared to jump in.


This is the only picture I got at the parade.
Kamryn watching the sheriff posse ride their motorcycles.

In the afternoon we went to the Butlerville Days parade. It gets bigger every year and this year I couldn't believe how many people were out to watch the parade. The kids love collecting candy and Kamryn loved seeing all the "princesses" on the floats.
After the parade we went over to the field for the rest of the festivities. This was the first year that Jared and Kamryn realized their were things to do. I bought a bunch of tickets and went on the big blow up slides with them. They were just a little too young for most of the things there but there was one slide they loved and we went on it several times.
My big kids do their own thing and have fun hanging out with their friends. Justin and his friend entered the sand castle building contest and won 1st place ($25 gift card to Target). I didn't get to see it last night but his friends got pictures so hopefully they'll send to me and I'll post them later.
Hope everyone out there enjoyed the holiday too.

1 comment:

Susan Byers said...

I'm impressed that you took pictures. I didn't even take one.