Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Camping

We've been gone to our annual camping trip to Washington Lake. We went up early Tuesday morning. Justin drove us all the way there. He's getting to be a pretty good driver. I"m comfortable enough while he drives to read and look up every paragraph or so and check on him.
It's always good that we get up there early so we can get a decent camping spot. This year we needed two spots because my sister and her family and my brother and his family were also camping with us. They both have tent trailers and I'm SO JEALOUS!!!! I really need one.
We had a very kickback day and enjoyed the fresh air and beautiful lake. All of the kids had a great time playing together.
We survived a huge storm during the night. Luckily it didn't start up until after we'd all gotten to bed so we didn't get wet but sure made it difficult to sleep. It rained for most of the night and was blowing pretty hard. At times I felt like our tent was going to cave in on us. Taylor even started "talking" in his sleep - he sat up and started yelling "what the heck?" over and over while he was hitting the tent. It was pretty funny. He has no memory of it.
Today was a great day - the mom's hung out with the little kids while the dad's and big kids went on a hike to rock lake. Then my kids and I came home for a night. We needed to bring Taylor home so he can go to scout camp tomorrow and so we could go to Mutual where they showed a great DVD recap of our youth conference. I could get into this coming home part way through camping to have a shower and have a good night's sleep in my bed. We're going back up tomorrow.

1 comment:

Susan Byers said...

I'm impressed that you found time to BLOG with all that you had to do that night!