Friday, May 02, 2008

Trip back in time

On Wednesday evening our mutual group went to tour the LDS Church's Humanitarian Center. It was fascinating and I highly recommend it for any youth group and all adults should take a trip there. The frustrating thing is to volunteer there as a youth group you have to schedule it a year in advance.
The trip back in time occurred during the movie they showed us at the end of the tour. They were showing all of these humanitarian missionaries all over the world and the projects they are involved in. All of a sudden, there on the screen, was Joel Sperry, my 9th grade math teacher. Seeing him brought back so many memories - the #1 being that Mr Sperry always pointed at the board with his middle finger!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

I've seen that video, too! And thought the same thing!

Anonymous said...

Mr. Sperry? Wow. I don't know if I would even recognize him if we weren't in school.