Friday, May 23, 2008

8 Miler

I just got back from my first real big long run -- 8 miles!! It was me and two of my running friends. Our mother hen didn't go with us this time because she is doing a 50K (32 miles) run tomorrow!! (she's a bit on the crazy side)
We started at Smiths on Bengal Blvd and ran out Wasatch Boulevard to 12300 South and 1300 East (in Draper where Albertson's is). It was such a beautiful run and we all had a great time running together. We never even turned on our music - we had a good pace and enough energy that we just talked the whole time. It's so empowering to do something you never thought you could do. And it was so fun to see our mother hen waiting for us at the end (she dropped up off at the beginning and then walked for 5 miles). It took us 1 hour and 44 minutes. I never thought I would say this but it was a blast!!

3 comments:

Susan Byers said...

That's really cool. I don't think I could ever do that!

Anonymous said...

You rock!

Anonymous said...

You are awesome! One day I will run a half marathon with you. Just give me a year or so...