Monday, September 24, 2007

Potty training for the 4th and 5th times

I can't believe I've actually begun one of the most awful tasks of motherhood - potty training. And this time it's with 2 toddlers at the same time - talk about insanity.
I guess we officially got into it today. We've been talking about it a lot but we actually got out the potties (notice the plural use, 2 of them sure take up a lot of room in a somewhat smallish bathroom) today. Jared and Kamryn love sitting on them and trade potties every 3 seconds. I'm not sure how that is really go to work when we really get serious.
My plan is to have them sit on the potty in the morning and at night for now, and before bath time. So tonight after I stripped them down they both went in the bathroom and sat on their potty - one looks more boyish with primary colors and one looks more girlish with purple and green coloring. Ready for the shocker - Jared actually produced! I couldn't believe it! We did some real celebrating and hi-5 ing.
Maybe it won't be so bad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! How exciting! I am soooo looking forward to this next year when Ryan is ready. Looking forward to having no children in diapers! Congrats and I will see you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Don't even talk to me about that subject.

Janice said...

You are so brave. Potty training is the H---of motherhood.