Thursday, September 13, 2007

Happy Birthday Taylor




Taylor turned 10 today!
Taylor is my one child who lives for his birthday. He usually starts planning for it months in advance. This year he didn't really start until just this last Sunday when he told me we need to get his cards out. I wasn't sure what he meant by cards and finally figured out he meant invitations for a party. I explained that we don't have friend parties every year (even though he has managed to do that) and that they cost a lot of money. He was pretty depressed about the thought of not having a party and suggested that he could just have his friends come over to our house and they could just play tag and hide and seek. I still said no but formed an idea in my head to give him a surprise party. So he still thinks his birthday is going to be the most boring day ever! And then tomorrow - SURPRISE! Hopefully it will work out.
Taylor is a great kid and full of life. He loves to have fun and thinks everything should be fun. ( I wonder where he gets that from). I can't believe how fast his first 10 years have gone by.
He is becoming a very good soccer player and basketball player. He just finished reading the first Harry Potter book - his first long "real" book. He loves to help out with Jared and Kamryn (when they'll let him).
Happy Birthday Taylor and I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope it was a fun surprise party!