Friday, August 31, 2007

A Good Book (with caution)

I just finished reading a very controversial, compelling book. My Sister's Keeper was one I didn't want to end and I keep thinking about the characters and I've talked with several people about the subject and what they would do in the same circumstances. I would pick it for book club because it would create great discussion. But I can't because there is way too much use of that very bad R-rated word. Why do authors do that?? It is so frustrating. I'm writing her an email today to ask her why. She's a great author and I've enjoyed other books by her but same frustration - bad language! So I recommend it if you can handle some bad language.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....I will have to think on that. I went with Cindi Tecca last night and watched the Nanny Diaries and it was okay aside from the potty mouth she had. Rent it, don't buy it.

Janice said...

I just read about this on-line and it seems too intense for me. I need more light-hearted stuff. Maybe in a few years.