Tuesday, August 21, 2007

What I've Been Meaning to do

Well, it's been too long since I posted last. I've been meaning to post every day since we got back from our camping trip and just haven't done it.
I sat down late one night to post some pictures from our camping trip and just as I was loading the pictures from the camera onto the computer we had our flash flood.
And then life has continued to be super busy -
**I spent the better part of a week cleaning out our storage room. This was a MAJOR project and one I've meant to do for years and have finally been forced to do it because we are getting new windows in the basement and the window in the storage room was covered up with shelves which were filled up with STUFF. I did some major runs to the DI and the recycle bins and that room is in much better shape.
**We spend last Saturday and Monday cleaning out our garage. There was stuff in the "attic" area from when the house was built, I think. It was so nice to get rid of all that junk. This project was spurred on because the county clean up dumpsters will be here this Thursday and we want to make full use of them.
**We're trying to cram in as much as possible these last few weeks of summer. School starts next week so we're trying to get work and fun in.
**Watched two movies recently - one in the theater and one on DVD. The first one was Becoming Jane - new movie about Jane Austen. I really liked it but the daughters with us didn't like it - too sad. The one on DVD was Miss Potter - about Beatrix Potter. Very sweet movie that I really liked and highly recommend.
**Also took a couple of nights last week to watch The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Supremacy so that we can go see The Bourne Ultimatum. Now we're just trying to figure out a time to do that.
Hopefully, soon I'll update about our great camping trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I plan on watching Becoming Jane. The plan was to go tonight, but since I am going away to Flagg overnight Friday, I decided not to go and spend time with Scott. I seriously want to rent Miss Potter and will probably do so soon. The Bourne Ultimatum is fantastic! I loved it as did Scott. Take care and hope you are having a great day!